Social Icons

Follow Xoxo Frugal Momma on Facebook Follow Xoxo Frugal Momma on Twitter Follow Xoxo Frugal Momma on Instagram Follow Xoxo Frugal Momma on Google Plus

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What's Cookin': Creamy Old Fashioned Oatmeal

One of my most favorite foods is oatmeal--but that's if it's cooked the proper way. My Grandmother knew the way to do it. Her oatmeal was always so creamy and sweet. The last time that I went home to Georgia (oh yes, I'm a Southern girl), I watched the way my Grandmother cooked her oatmeal. She never followed a written recipe, so I needed to pay attention to how to she did it.

In all honesty, now that I cook my own oatmeal I don't follow a recipe either. I just eyeball everything and taste as I go. For the purpose of this post, I actually used measuring cups and measuring spoons. *gasp* Today, I'll be sharing a recipe for Creamy Old Fashioned Oatmeal.


Ingredients:
1.5 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
2 cups water
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp butter
1/2 c. milk

Directions:
1. Pour water and oatmeal into a pot and place on the stove with a medium-high heat setting.


2. Once the oatmeal begins to boil, add the butter. Then, gradually stir in the milk, sugar, and vanilla.
3. Set the heat on medium-low and cook for 5 minutes longer.

Your end result should be creamy goodness.

1 comment:

 

Blog Archive